Paste into Multiple Folders ?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Paste into Multiple Folders ?

Post by VeeGee » 16 Jan 2019 20:04

Good afternoon,
Recently I had to add a file to many, many folders (.nomedia file for Kodi). I created the file, select/copied it, used Search to find all my Extras folders, inside of Search Results I selected all the folders, right-click and Paste. The .nomedia file was only copied to the last selected folder and not all of them.

I also tried a smaller experiment in the file pane and not within Search Results and had the same end result.

Is it not possible to paste into multiple selected locations (w/o the use of scripting) ? or am I missing some option/method. For now, I ended up right-clicking on each folder, paste, next folder, repeat.

highend

Re: Paste into Multiple Folders ?

Post by highend » 16 Jan 2019 21:30

Afaik not possible without scripting (but I may be wrong)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or highend (at) web (dot) de

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee » 08 May 2019 16:17

I revisited this today and came up with this script. Added it as a CTB and Hamburger entry and it's working perfectly. Do you have any improvements for the script that would recommend ? or good as-is ? :

Code: Select all

foreach($item, <get SelectedItemsPathNames |>) {
	$folder = gpc($item, "base");
	pasteto "$folder";
}
Since there doesn't appear to be a way to do this w/o scripting, would it be possible to move this over to Wishes and see if Don could add this as a feature request ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 08 May 2019 16:26

If more than one folder is selected in the file list and then you paste via context menu or just by Ctrl+V then I think it would be okay to copy the clipboard (copy only, not cut) contents to all of those folders. So what you expected to work in your first post should have just worked. It would be a new feature, but IMO I should add it and it should just work (no settings or new commands necessary).

Any objections?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 09 May 2019 16:08

Looked into it and saw complications building up. Given the rareness of this demand I think the script above is the perfect solution.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee » 09 May 2019 17:06

Thank you for taking the time to look into it. The script option is working great. I'll continue to use this method.