Quick question: What keyboard shortcut to jump back and forth between list and Tags pane

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
daniel347x

Quick question: What keyboard shortcut to jump back and forth between list and Tags pane

Post by daniel347x »

Thanks for a simple question - I cannot discern among the hundreds of keyboard shortcuts which to use.

I frequently jump back and forth between the main list (with a single file highlighted) and the Tags pane (with the "Tags" edit box active) for rapid tagging of one file after another.

Are there keyboard shortcuts available to switch back to the main list pane - and from the main list pane back to the Tags pane?

Thanks!

highend

Re: Quick question: What keyboard shortcut to jump back and forth between list and Tags pane

Post by highend »

Mh, sendkeys doesn't seem to work in this case (by sending multiple {Tab}s) so I guess the only (crude) way is to write
an AHK script, that does the necessary switching...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jupe

Re: Quick question: What keyboard shortcut to jump back and forth between list and Tags pane

Post by jupe »

Why don't you just add a keyboard shortcut to one of the tag commands, like

Favorites | Tags | Edit Tags...

or something similar

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

daniel347x wrote: 10 Jan 2019 19:58I frequently jump back and forth between the main list ... and the Tags pane (with the "Tags" edit box active)
You know, it just might be possible to do exactly what you wanted. for a start, this hack will focus the info pane's tag input box.

Code: Select all

if <selitem> { #260; #1025; wait 1; sendkeys "{Tab 3}" };
:ugeek:

Now you just have to write up a custom user script to toggle the tagbar properly, and assign it to a shortcut.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Well. It works!

Open "Main Menu > User > Manage Commands..." . Click on "Run Script" in the left sidebar, then press the INSERT key on your keyboard.
Now paste this in the "Script:" box:

Code: Select all

wait 250; if get('#665') { #665; focus 'L'; } elseif <selitem> { focus 'L'; #260; #1025; wait 1; sendkeys "{Tab 3}" };
And Paste whatever you want into "Caption:". Say, "Toggle Tag Pane with Tag input focused".

Then click "Assign Keyboard Shortcut...", and select a suitable shortcut. Make sure the "On KeyUp" option to the right of the button is unchecked.

Okay! Now select something and press the assigned shortcut and see how it goes! (This was fun! :biggrin: )

One more thing: you have to be fast with the shortcut. Press it and release all button ASAP. Increase the value of wait 250 in the script to test.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]