Disappearing floating preview

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Scorpio3002

Disappearing floating preview

Post by Scorpio3002 »

I have floating preview set up so that activating the keyboard shortcut will bring up the Floating Preview window in a maximized state. I like this over Fullscreen Preview because it shows your place within the a folder: if you have 2000 images in a folder, floating preview will tell you that you are on image 1323/2000.

However, just a minute ago I minimized xyplorer while the Floating Preview was active, and now it doesn't work. Activating the keyboard shortcut appears to cause XYplorer to THINK that the floating preview window is active, despite not being visible: the titlebar text goes grey, as does the cursor, and when viewing a folder of images in thumbnail mode, press the Up and Down keys will cause the cursor to scroll left and right, exactly as if it is moving to the previous/next slide.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. I can't be certain that the same thing caused it last time (although that seems pretty likely), and I have no idea what solved it before; it just sort of went away after a week or so.

Leito

Re: Disappearing floating preview

Post by Leito »

I cannot reproduce and have no solution, but:
Scorpio3002 wrote: 07 Jan 2019 00:45 I like this over Fullscreen Preview because it shows your place within the a folder: if you have 2000 images in a folder, floating preview will tell you that you are on image 1323/2000.
This image count should appear on the Fullscreen and the Floating preview. Are you saying that you don't have it on the Fullscreen preview?
If you type 'S' on the Fullscreen or the Floating preview, it will display a status bar with the pictures count "1323/2000". You can customize this status bar to some extent by right-clicking on the picture and choosing "Advanced Options".

That being said, I suspect you'll have the same minimizing issue with the Fullscreen preview.

Scorpio3002

Post by Scorpio3002 »

Leito wrote: 07 Jan 2019 10:31 This image count should appear on the Fullscreen and the Floating preview. Are you saying that you don't have it on the Fullscreen preview?
If you type 'S' on the Fullscreen or the Floating preview, it will display a status bar with the pictures count "1323/2000". You can customize this status bar to some extent by right-clicking on the picture and choosing "Advanced Options".
For me, image count in Fullscreen gets hidden under the taskbar; I didn't even notice it until now. This is likely just a quirk of DisplayFusion and my multi-monitor setup. Edit: Solved this, would still prefer floating preview though

That being said, I suspect you'll have the same minimizing issue with the Fullscreen preview.
Fullscreen doesn't have a button to minimize, so I don't see how I could.
Last edited by Scorpio3002 on 07 Jan 2019 20:39, edited 2 times in total.

Leito

Post by Leito »

Scorpio3002 wrote: 07 Jan 2019 18:12 Fullscreen doesn't have a button to minimize, so I don't see how I could.
Win+DownArrow :)