Type ahead search in all dialogs

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
moonrumble

Type ahead search in all dialogs

Post by moonrumble »

Hi,

is it possible to do type ahead search in all the dialogs? For example, History and Tab lists. It seems like pop up dialogs are different for example History tab doesnt have type ahead filter while Tab list pop up shows numbers you can select to go to tab.

Is it possible to make all the popup dialogs to be consistent?

Leito

Re: Type ahead search in all dialogs

Post by Leito »

Those you mention are different because some are windows while some others are context menus.

As of today, it's not natively possible to change the type of control (window or context menu) shown for the commands you listed.

But you could always create a script to do it yourself.

Why do you want to disable the filter textbox on the history windows? It's a powerful control.

moonrumble

Post by moonrumble »

Hi,

I don't want to disable anything. I want to add type ahead search. For example if you press ctrl + H, you will see a pop up but you cann't select folder using search you have to use arrow key or mouse to go to that location.

Leito

Post by Leito »

My bad, I understood the contrary.

My answer is still the same: not natively possible, but you could create a script to display the Hotlist (to take your Ctrl+H example) in a window with the search box (look at InputSelect scripting function)