How to define and keep fixed column layout for Find Files tab

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Bart

How to define and keep fixed column layout for Find Files tab

Post by Bart »

How to set and keep the custom column layout for the Tab that is added after Find Files command. Every time it goes back to default.

In Configuration, I have set: Styles -> Apply to -> all but the last toggles are on.
Highend outside this forum

bdeshi

Re: How to define and keep fixed column layout for Find Files tab

Post by bdeshi »

Disable this: "Configuration > Find and Filter > Find Files & Branch View > Find Files > Search results inherit current columns"
Now do a search to open a find files tab, and then customize that tab. Do the same for the other pane.
Now the settings should probably stick.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks for helping me. This will indeed embed the layout plus it adds the path column.

But there is no way to keep the customization I have applied after that.
Either you get the columns inherited if the setting remains active or if you opt this setting out after one search, an own layout and customization applied after that, and after safe the settings, is just not saved for the Find Files tab specifically.
I am looking forward to have it added as an enhanced feature.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Oh. you might check if the situation improves after switching on Configuration > Colors and Styles > Styles > Apply list styles globally & Remember list settings per tab .

As an extreme measure, I'd modify the find tabs layout directly from the tabset config files! :ugeek:
They're under the [ListFind] section in <xypane1>\t\pane.ini and <xypane2>\t\pane.ini.
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Bart

Post by Bart »

What I did is to set custom columns, saved in a Column Layout file. Then added a User Button and assign the commend that loads the layout file. I use this button after a Find File session.

They only thing that I cannot solve is to keep the sort order. In Configuration -> Styles -> Apply to --> The file sort order is ticked on.
I did save settings.