How do you transfer settings to a computer with a different license.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Dustydog

How do you transfer settings to a computer with a different license.

Post by Dustydog »

I'm sure this has been answered in some form before, or I should be able to figure it out, but how do I transfer all my settings, etc. to a PC with a different licence on it without disturbing that licence, yet applying all my settings?

I, of course, think the way I'm set up is the one true way, and I'm trying to get my wife going a little better. There are just so many settings to enable, etc.- including a few tweaks - would be easier to start off with my setup than start from scratch on hers. (I suppose I have to diff tweaks.)

I would also like, of course, not to transfer over anything that takes much space and would be unneeded.

Like everything else, it seems like there must be an easy(ish) way to do this?

Nighted

Re: How do you transfer settings to a computer with a different license.

Post by Nighted »

I would open the XY settings INI and copy every section under the [Register] section and paste them in your wife's INI. Or just copy over your INI and replace the [Register] section with your wife's registration.
I want XY to serve soft ice cream. Please Don, make XY serve soft ice cream.

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

Thank you for the quick reply and your expertise. That sounds like a very reasonable solution to most of such a transfer and solves the tweak issue extremely well.

Leito

Post by Leito »

The problem in doing that is that you'll be also transferring all your tabs, favorite files/folders, recent files, recent searches... And I guess those won't have any meaning on your wife's computer. So it will call for some cleanup after the transfer. But there's not really a better way to transfer so...

What you could do is empty the [mru...] sections after transferring your INI file.