Save Layout feature

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Bart

Save Layout feature

Post by Bart »

When I save my layout, changes columns widths of some columns and the load the saved layout, the columns are not re-positioned as saved. It did work before.

Bart
Highend outside this forum

jupe

Re: Save Layout feature

Post by jupe »

How are you saving your layout?, if you are using this menu item:

Window | Save Layout As...

it has never saved column layouts, you would need to use these items instead for the columns to be affected:

View | Columns | Save Column Layout As...
View | Columns | Load Column Layout...

Bart

Post by Bart »

You are right, have not dig into the world of settings for while. How to enforce the column layout remains active for the other existing tabs. They are obviously set in the 5 tabsets I have. I have added a column, I do have to load the column layout settings for each tab again?

jupe

Post by jupe »

I recommend saving your settings first so you can restart without saving if something doesn't go as planned, but if you want all your tabs to have identical column layouts, you could probably just disable this temporarily

Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Remember list settings per tab

load the layout, then re-enable it (or not, depending on your needs) or remove the columns checkmark from

Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Apply to...

Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks Jupe, I sorted it out.

Bart

Post by Bart »

I did widen one of the columns as the contents was to wide.
I saved the new column layout, overwriting the previous. I want that the new layout applies for all tabs/folders.
I manage to get all tabs from the first tab set to obey the new layout, but as soon as I dig into sub folders, the old column layout comes back.
I have not touched the other tab sets.
I played around with save settings and "Remember list settings per tab" in Configuration, but failed to get things done.

Bart

jupe

Post by jupe »

If you want sub folders etc to maintain the same columns etc, you are better off using FVS as I suggested here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19693&p=164304&sid= ... 69#p164304

Or disable FVS altogether and have the same column layout everywhere, which you do by following the suggestions in my previous post.