Accessing default junctions inside Win10 Documents folder

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Nuno

Accessing default junctions inside Win10 Documents folder

Post by Nuno »

I noticed today that I can't access the default (but hidden?) junctions inside the Documents folder in Win10 64bit. (e.g. If I try to click "Documents\My Music" in the tree, XYplorer tells me that "Access is denied." to Documents\My Music\

I managed to follow this issue to the "Resolve Junctions" setting, which I have disabled. If I re-enable this setting, the error message goes away and everything works just fine. (XYplorer 19.20)

The question is: should disabling "Resolve junctions" cause this? Is seems somewhat unexpected.
Can anyone replicate this behaviour? (So that I can rule out some weird permission settings or whatever...) Thanks!

(BTW: I do like to keep this "Resolve junctions" setting disabled, because of the way I like to jump to favorite folders with the right click tree menu.)

EDIT: Nevermind... Meanwhile I found out that disabling "Resolve junctions" just causes XYplorer to behave exactly like Windows Explorer does, so that should perhaps be considered as normal.