Is there a keyboard shortcut to copy the contents of the address bar without making it active first?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
daniel347x

Is there a keyboard shortcut to copy the contents of the address bar without making it active first?

Post by daniel347x »

Hello!

Regarding the subject: I looked through the keyboard shortcut section of the Help file, and I did see a keyboard shortcut for making the address bar active, so I suppose I can do the following:

- Press keyboard shortcut to make the address bar active
- Press keyboard shortcut to Select All
- Press keyboard shortcut for Copy
- Press keyboard shortcut to return to whatever pane I was in before

...But, I am hoping there is a single keyboard shortcut that can copy the contents of the address bar without undergoing the above steps.

Let me know if this is possible!

Thanks for the awesome program.

Dan

highend

Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut to copy the contents of the address bar without making it active first?

Post by highend »

What will the address bar contain?

Iirc you can't just copy it's content without selecting it first (the whole thing can be scripted and assigned to a keyboard shortcut)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

TheTodd

Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut to copy the contents of the address bar without making it active first?

Post by TheTodd »

I have a user button with this on-left click to copy the path of the current pane into the clipboard.
copytext get("path",a);

I just make a custom run script under User -> Manage Commands
using the same one line script above.
works as well. you can assign a hotkey to your new command.

highend

Post by highend »

to copy the path of the current pane into the clipboard
Hence my question what will be inside the addressbar that needs to be copied. It can contain a myriad of things, a quicksearch, a path, a file, a script line, etc...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

daniel347x

Post by daniel347x »

That one-line script is simple enough - I added a keyboard association for it - now I don't need to cycle through F6 + copy to get a copy of what's in the address bar. Works great. Thanks!

(Note: Almost always what is in the address bar for me is a folder path.)