Jump directly to search results?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Florian

Jump directly to search results?

Post by Florian »

Hello,

seems I'm overlooking something very basic:

How can I jump to the containing folder of any search results (or folder itself if the search result is a folder)? :titter: :?: :roll:

(Can't be that this super basic and important feature is not implemented? I mean, even Win Explorer has this feature since years...
But double click or right click -> "copy folder" give back the base folder I'm performing the search in, which is kind of super useless....
Of course I visually see the conaining folder in the column "Path", but manually re-typing it can't be the solution to quickly get there?....)

Thx for any help!

highend

Re: Jump directly to search results?

Post by highend »

Right click - Go to Focused Item?
And double clicking on a folder in the search results list should do the same
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jupe

Post by jupe »

If you have a 3 button mouse, middle click works too, it is controlled by these settings (their default is enabled):

Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Mouse | Middle-click goes to file in new tab
Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Mouse | Middle-click opens folder in new tab

Florian

Post by Florian »

Thanks for the answers.

My problem resulted from the fact, that all these options are only available when the search has finished.

I was used to be able to jump to search results, while the search (of many TB) is still going on...

Leito

Post by Leito »

Florian wrote:My problem resulted from the fact, that all these options are only available when the search has finished.

I was used to be able to jump to search results, while the search (of many TB) is still going on...
:tup: