pdf and MDBU - bigger thumbnail?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
mu-sick

pdf and MDBU - bigger thumbnail?

Post by mu-sick »

Hello, this might be a stupid question but I haven't managed to find an answer in the forum.

Is it possible to have larger previews for pdf when using MDBU? I have latest XY (19.00.301) and Windows 10 64-bit. Also I have pdf-xchange installed.

admin
Site Admin

Re: pdf and MDBU - bigger thumbnail?

Post by admin »

PDF MDBUs are currently shown within a bounding box that's a square made up of the smaller side of the screen. So, if your screen is 1920x1080 the PDF is shown within 1080x1080.

Not big enough?

mu-sick

Post by mu-sick »

So I must be doing something wrong... I am attaching a screenshot. Image

jupe

Post by jupe »

Hmmm, it works as described by admin for me, looking at the pdf icon it looks like you have had Adobe installed in the past? maybe you are using its PDF preview handler, which is known to have issues, to check what you are using you can enter this in the address bar:

text get("previewhandler", "pdf");

If you are using Adobes PDF handler, follow the steps here and use either PDF-XChanges Viewers (not Editor) PDF preview handler, or SumatraPDF's, it looks like from your catalog you have both installed so try swapping the handler to the other companies, you can disable/enable them via Nirsofts ShellExView.

I can only personally confirm that SumatraPDFs handler works full screen height, but apparently PDF-XChange Viewers does too.

https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=PDFpreview

mu-sick

Post by mu-sick »

Thanks for the reply. I think the problem was with PDF-Xchange Editor (pro version). I installed the free viewer and the problem now is solved. Thanks again.