Select via Thumbnail Right-Click?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Zardoz2293

Select via Thumbnail Right-Click?

Post by Zardoz2293 »

:?: Is there an option / setting to allow XY Thumbnails to be selected (by click the image) with the right-click as is standard in native WE (explorer)?

Thanks
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

jupe

Re: Select via Thumbnail Right-Click?

Post by jupe »

I think you may be talking about this recent change:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19083

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, this seems to be a problematic change. I will raise the tweak MDBUAllowDragByThumb to UI in next beta. Question: What should be the factory default: To drag or not to drag?

suslo

Post by suslo »

it's not so important for me but i prefer "not to drag"

if we speak about thumbnails, then viewing them is more essential than dragging in my case

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I think you probably know my opinion. I prefer not to drag from the thumbnail itself since it affects right click MDBU. I'd rather just click and drag on the filename. :) Personnel opinion again, but I think that should be the default since most new users aren't going to necessarily assume you can right drag from the thumbnail, and since it doesn't affect your premium feature of MDBU. But if you decide to go the other way as far as the default it's fine with me especially if the setting is in the UI.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, thanks. :)

Pablo4s

Post by Pablo4s »

Hi, why can not I click left in the thumbnail view?
And Is it possible to deactivate the new preview function?
Thank you very much!

jupe

Post by jupe »

Try reading this thread, to get back the old behavior you need to do what is suggested in the link I provided in the first reply, but as you can see the developer (admin) has said he will change this in a forthcoming beta and add the option to the UI, or alternatively:

You can click on filenames to select currently, or if you just want to disable the popup preview altogether you can use this option:

Configuration | Preview | Mouse Down Blow Up | On left mouse down (popup stays up until button is released)

Pablo4s

Post by Pablo4s »

jupe wrote:Try reading this thread, to get back the old behavior you need to do what is suggested in the link I provided in the first reply, but as you can see the developer (admin) has said he will change this in a forthcoming beta and add the option to the UI, or alternatively:

You can click on filenames to select currently, or if you just want to disable the popup preview altogether you can use this option:

Configuration | Preview | Mouse Down Blow Up | On left mouse down (popup stays up until button is released)
Thanks but I solved by disabling the mouse function blow up! (I was sure the problem was that ...)