Use External Copy Handler with copyitem

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
jdev21

Use External Copy Handler with copyitem

Post by jdev21 »

When using the 'copyitem' script command on a network file, xyplorer ignores the external copy handler and uses window's copy handler instead (teracopy is even my windows default).
Also, when doing a network transfer, xyplorer completely locks up until the transfer is complete. Enable background processing is checked and applied to all options available. I'm running v19.
Are there options in settings I'm missing?

jupe

Re: Use External Copy Handler with copyitem

Post by jupe »

jdev21 wrote:When using the 'copyitem' script command on a network file, xyplorer ignores the external copy handler and uses window's copy handler instead (teracopy is even my windows default).
If you look up the copyitem command in the help you will see the following under remarks:
(1) The command uses the shell copy engine for the job.
So you need to use a different command like copyto (or maybe copyas) instead, I haven't personally tried it with external copy handler but I assume it works.

jdev21

Post by jdev21 »

Thank you for your response.
Is there an option to prevent xyplorer from locking during network transfers?

jupe

Post by jupe »

These are the settings:

Configuration | File Operations | File Operations | Background Processing | Enable background processing
Configuration | File Operations | File Operations | Miscellaneous | File operation progress dialog modeless

But I don't know how they apply to external copy handlers exactly (I prefer XYCopy), so you will have to wait for the developers input on that query.

jdev21

Post by jdev21 »

Thanks, it does work properly with xyplorer copy handler so I'll give that a try.