Pre-Purchase Questions

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
t.mac

Pre-Purchase Questions

Post by t.mac »

I'm a paid user of Zakbat's XPlorer2, but decided I'd prefer a cleaner and more powerful system. Looking at XYPlorer, but wound up with two challenges.
  • My phone (LG V30, as a Portable Device), which I use heavily. doesn't work. It shows, the two mounted drives show, but they show empty. It's great in Explorer and in XPlorer2, so it's not unsolvable, although possibly is challenging from VB6. Apparently this has been known for nine months but no fix is in sight. Correct?
  • I'm unclear on Standard vs Pro. The Free vs Pro comparison seems simple enough... but "Free" is discontinued. (Not an issue; I paid for XPlorer2 and donate to anything I use that I don't pay for; just a data point.) But the only distinction I can find for Standard vs Pro is the somewhat confusing claim of "Standard License Pro" vs "Lifetime License Pro" - year vs lifetime updates - in other words, all licenses are "Pro" and the difference is "Standard" vs "Lifetime"?
  • If that's the case, not to beat a nearly-dead (VB6 32-bit) horse, at some point probably soon, XYPlorer will be supplanted or discontinued in favor of something able to do multi-threading, handle Windows integration (see Portable Device woes above) and 64-bits (all my systems.) Given that Portable Devices seem fairly unfixable (I downloaded today), what are the odds for a lifetime version? (I do note that a new beta, which I did not test, just came out. So development is still apparently quite active.)
Do we have an estimate (not nagging!) as to the fix-date for Portable devices?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre-Purchase Questions

Post by admin »

1. This will be fixed. Hopefully before that soccer thing in summer...

2. Yep, "Pro" is just a meaningless buzz word here. For the difference Standard/Lifetime see here: https://www.xyplorer.com/index.php#buy (It's the difference between "one year" and "forever" -- well, forever is a big word, I should probably say "not actively limited" -- that's all, no other differences at all.) And, BTW, Lifetime means Lifetime here at XYplorer... ;)

3. Get yourself the Lifetime License. (I guess that was the question...) And, yes, the development is "quite active" around here. :cup:

Welcome to the club,
Don

t.mac

Post by t.mac »

Thank you. I will get the Lifetime, once Portable Devices are working. It's of insufficient use to me until then.

If I uninstall the trial now (still day #1), can I install it later to verify Portable Devices and have a few days left, or it is 30 days from first trial date rather than 30 cumulative?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You will get 30 days fresh.

hari3

Post by hari3 »

Yes,you buy the life time version --- why because i have almost used all the file managers which are there and compared with xyplorer and this is the best of all.

t.mac

Post by t.mac »

Does this, from 17-June, mean Portable Devices work now?
v19.00.0105 - 2018-06-17 22:24
! Portable Devices: Support broken under Windows 10 version 1703. Fix #4.

Yeah, you could say "just try it", but it would take fewer letters to say "yes" or "no", and a lot less effort on my part.

highend

Post by highend »

viewtopic.php?p=159917#p159917

v19.00.0116 should be used...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal