Lock Folder/File

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Lock Folder/File

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
Is there a feature/function in XY that allows me to lock a folder or file from being deleted/moved/etc. from within XY (not outside of XY, not in Explorer, etc.) ?

Example. There are times when I am working in a folder (in XY only) and I am deleting files/folders but I want to leave some untouched. If there was some sort of "protection" from the XY deletes, etc., I could protect the folder/files, then select all / delete. All my temp, working ones would be gone and the protected ones would be left alone (until I remove the protection). Almost like "Dear XY, ignore all file processing on these protected ones.". Maybe a built-in tag or label, that when applied, XY inherently ignores processing for it.

This type of temporary protection would be within XY only, so no OS-level stuff. If (ack) I fired up Explorer, the folder/file could still be deleted, etc. as normal.

highend

Re: Lock Folder/File

Post by highend »

If you want some protection (apart from using the admin.ini file -> Help file), script it. E.g. Tag them and create a script that ignores all tagged files while deleting the selected ones. Or hide them via a filter... Apart from that, there is no inbuilt protection...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

VeeGee

Re: Lock Folder/File

Post by VeeGee »

Oooooh, two great ideas, thanks for the direction.