XYPlorer frequently refreshing; '(Not Responding)' message

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
chumbo

XYPlorer frequently refreshing; '(Not Responding)' message

Post by chumbo »

Hi,
Lately, XY has been really slow. Just selecting a file can cause this dreaded (Not Responding) message, opening a folder, whatever operation causes it to freeze while that wheel spins around the cursor and the whole display goes greyish.
I've cleared the thumbnail cache...what else can I do??

Another thing, since this has got me worried that it might one day just crash completely or cause a loss of settings, what is the best way of backing up everything that makes my install unique? Like my tags, comments, scripts, personal settings, etc....
Thanks,

jupe

Re: XYPlorer frequently refreshing; '(Not Responding)' message

Post by jupe »

1) Try this for a start: https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=mse also run the following in the XY address bar and post the result:

Code: Select all

text <get loadtimes>;
Also hold down Ctrl and click on Help | Various Information menu item, in the dialog it will give suggestions on what options will speed up your experience.

Is it definitely only XY running slow recently, or are you noticing system wide slowdowns lately?,

If you have no luck with the above suggestions try running fresh; in the address bar and see if it is still the same.

2) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18859#p158737

admin
Site Admin

Re: XYPlorer frequently refreshing; '(Not Responding)' message

Post by admin »

I would also untick this and see if that makes a difference:
Configuration | Information | File Info Tips | Show file info tips

If you have the latest version also untick this:
Configuration | Information | File Info Tips | Show Hover Box