Custom Backup/Copy Window Location

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Custom Backup/Copy Window Location

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
I am using the XY Custom Copy all the time now - love it ! So much more information than the standard dialog. I recently switched back to single monitor. During a copy I am able to drag the window to a location that I like (lower left corner of the dialog is snapped to my lower left corner of my Desktop). Problem is, sometimes the dialog 1) is either larger w/more information and isn't lined up or 2) just forgets to go there and is displayed somewhere else on the monitor.

Are there any tweaks that can be set to force a window location ? There is a forum post about the normal Explorer copy box, but not the XY one. Maybe an INI tweak that allows none (0), upper-left (1), upper-right (2), lower-left (3) or lower-right (4) snapping for the custom copy dialog ?

A little late for May 4th, but, please Obi-Don Kenobi, you're my only hope.

highend

Re: Custom Backup/Copy Window Location

Post by highend »

Why don't you just run a general .ahk script in the background, that can take care of such individual adjustments?
E.g. think of all the other people that have two or more monitors (on which one should it be displayed) or don't like
that window in a corner but centered / top middle, bottom middle, etc...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

VeeGee

Re: Custom Backup/Copy Window Location

Post by VeeGee »

Good point. If it was added somehow, I was thinking the default would be as it is now (whatever that is), but a tweak would allow just that - tweak. Could even add a monitor number to further allow customization (I have 4 here at work, but only 1 on the home machine).

For now, instead of AHK, I just added a custom entry to DisplayFusions' Window Snapping - seems to be picking it up with early testing. To work better w/the growing window, I'm snapping it to the upper left so it grows down/out. I wasn't sure if XY was saving the window coords anywhere, but I enabled the "Keep dialog open..." option and am manually closing them (in the event it will remember).

EDIT : Had IT remove the AHK restriction and tried that out. Using the information from this post (http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... &p=153981), I now have 2 working solutions !