visual filter

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
novaj

visual filter

Post by novaj »

It's not filtering properly,note that in the screen shot,i downloaded the file on 3/5/2018 and the filter applied is for 5 hours.

nr1.png
nr1.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
nr2.png
nr2.png (12.86 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
nr3.png
nr3.png (20.41 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
Last edited by novaj on 08 May 2018 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

highend

Re: visual filter

Post by highend »

Show a screenshot of Menu - Tools - List Management - Power Filters...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

highend

Post by highend »

And now take a close look at your 5 hours line again. What is different comparing it to the 3 hours line?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

novaj

Post by novaj »

There is nothing different

jupe

Post by jupe »

You didn't look hard enough, remove the double quote at the end, and you could put a space before the 5.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The typical double-quote-blindness of non-programmers... :whistle:

jupe

Post by jupe »

Since this topic seems it has been resolved and is on the subject of Visual Filters I will hijack it and ask a question that relates to the subject,
can anyone think why this works for me as address bar input:

Code: Select all

|attr:d
but the inverse:

|!attr:d
does not ? Both are standard Power Filters and they do both work in a fresh instance though, so something in my normal ini file makes it so only the first one does, luckily I have got around it by changing the default "Files Only" Power Filter to this instead:

|!\|*
but I am still curious why one works and the other doesn't, anyone have any ideas on a setting that I may have switched to cause that effect?

Not sure if this is related but I also downloaded a Click & Search sample catalog from https://www.xyplorer.com/download/CAS_ByDate.zip and the "Made on a Workday" entry doesn't work either (even in fresh), it's entry is "!dw 6-7" changing it to "dw 1-5" works though instead, is that just because of changes in XY since the catalog was made or is it just me that it doesn't work for?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Doh! Stupid me :oops: , I solved the first part of the mystery, it was this:

Configuration | Find and Filter | Filters & Type Ahead Find | Visual Filters | Apply to files only

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jupe wrote:Not sure if this is related but I also downloaded a Click & Search sample catalog from https://www.xyplorer.com/download/CAS_ByDate.zip and the "Made on a Workday" entry doesn't work either (even in fresh), it's entry is "!dw 6-7" changing it to "dw 1-5" works though instead, is that just because of changes in XY since the catalog was made or is it just me that it doesn't work for?
This is search, not Visual Filter. The pattern "dateM:!dw 6-7" (or also "!dateM:dw 6-7") should work as expected if you tick this:
Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Find Files | Enable extended pattern matching

To achieve the same with a Visual Filter, you would use this ("dateM:!dw 6-7" does not work here, not sure why ATM):

!dateM:dw 6-7

jupe

Post by jupe »

Yeah I realize it is a search not a VF, but initially I thought XY wasn't accepting the ! properly so that made me think they might be related, but now that I just figured out what was stopping the VF functioning as mentioned above I can see they aren't related, extended pattern matching did indeed solve mystery two, thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:To achieve the same with a Visual Filter, you would use this ("dateM:!dw 6-7" does not work here, not sure why ATM):

!dateM:dw 6-7
In the meantime I looked into this asymmetry:

!dateM:dw 6-7        dateM:!dw 6-7
                 ----------------------------------
Search:          OK                   OK
Visual Filter:   OK                   NOT OK
Well, it looks like a bug to me.

Fixing it *might* break old code though. But I think it's quite unlikely:

Before the fix:
  !n*             matches NOT "n.txt"
  name:!n*        matches "!n.txt"        <-- this will change after the fix

After the fix:
  !n*             matches NOT "n.txt"
  name:!n*        matches NOT "n.txt"
I think I should fix it. OK?

jupe

Post by jupe »

I thought something wasn't quite right...
If you think it should be fixed that is good enough for me, I don't want to agree one way or the other in case someone comes here to complain about the change, so I think I will abstain an opinion, but will be happy whatever your decide.