original creator / author of file

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
chasster123

original creator / author of file

Postby chasster123 » 22 Apr 2018 00:54

Trying to search among User Folders for the Original File (author / creator) of a file. There are copies that can be obtained by File Name but that is Not what i am looking for.
Scan disk drive to locate creator / author of files searching by Creator / Author name.
Dates, size, etc. are not important.
Just want everything from the Creator / Author.

Thanks for your forthcoming feedback.

highend

Re: original creator / author of file

Postby highend » 22 Apr 2018 07:37

Download the .zip file from here: viewtopic.php?p=150223#p150223
Extract it

Now go and select one of the files that should be found and then:
Menu - Scripting - Load Script File...
Navigate to the file that you've just extracted: Properties_v5.1.xys
and load it

It should present you a list of all know properties for the current selected file

Show a screenshot of that window where we can see the property you're interested in
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or highend (at) web (dot) de

chasster123

Postby chasster123 » 22 Apr 2018 11:03

Perhaps i need to further describe that i'm searching an array of drive structures (periodic backup) so its not a single file situation but more of a patch to the program type of solution that i'm seeking.
If that is not feasible or i've otherwise missed the point - i'll listen.

highend

Postby highend » 22 Apr 2018 11:32

There is no program patch necessary...

loadsearch (a script command) should be able to do what you need (after you've prepared a search and saved it as a template).
At least if you're an owner of the pro version, scripting isn't supported in the free version

But as long as I don't know if the properties of your files are searchable... So, please provide the screenshot
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or highend (at) web (dot) de

Return to “Tips & Tricks, Questions & Answers”