Determine [in a script] if a folder has a FVS set.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
klownboy

Determine [in a script] if a folder has a FVS set.

Post by klownboy »

As the subject states, I'd like to be able to determine in a script if a specified folder has pre-established Folder View Settings (FVS), and if possible, if it includes the sub folders option. FVS.dat is a binary file. I can use SC readfile and I can see that the folders are listed within it. I can't tell from the code if there is a particular piece of information that relays if it includes the subfolders. We also have CID #477 which will list the folders but that would seem to be awkward having to sendkeys to determine if the folder is in the list. In the folder, I get determine the view setting using SC get("view"). Is that all I have for options on this or did I miss something else? Thanks.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

highend

Re: Determine [in a script] if a folder has a FVS set.

Post by highend »

Apart from scanning the .dat file I can see no viable options...
I can't tell from the code if there is a particular piece of information that relays if it includes the subfolders
The third byte after the fvs entry ends shows a 01 = subfolder set / 00 = subfolder not set. Probably hard to scan :mrgreen:

Another parameter for get(): "fvs" could help (a bit) with the readability of the folders (and its parsing) but that wouldn't help with
the subfolders flag
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Re: Determine [in a script] if a folder has a FVS set.

Post by klownboy »

Thanks highend. Maybe I'll put in a wish for - get("fvs"). We'd specify a folder path, if not use current folder. It would probably just have to return a "1" or "0", but hopefully he could return whether the FV Setting for the folder included subs or not.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440