two application states simultaneously

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Re: two application states simultaneously

Post by admin »

Ah yes, tabsets would work. I thought he was maybe thinking of dragging individual tabs between the instances. That does not work.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Yeah I probably misunderstood, your right. If he had 2 copies of XYplorer running in different locations (same ini even) you could via command line send <curpath> to the first instance for individual tabs though couldn't you? it would all probably require small scripts to be efficient though, I didn't make that clear.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Whatever, this goes beyond the basic concept of "Open Throw Away Clone" as I see it. Wait for next beta to check out the feature... :cup:

BTW, I decided to clone from disk, not from memory. So no silent Save Settings. More control to the user.

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

admin wrote:Of course, an internal silent Save Settings would be necessary to achieve this. Opinions?
I hope for these settings you would use a copy of the files? As I *never* save settings, be it at will, or silent :mrgreen:
W7(x64) SP1 German
( +WXP SP3 )

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So you're the throw-away kind of guy... :biggrin:

It reads from the original files. Why not?! It never writes to them.

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

admin wrote:So you're the throw-away kind of guy... :biggrin:

It reads from the original files. Why not?! It never writes to them.
Yes, I throw away the current state for a well defined state after a new start :biggrin:

My stmt was meant to your outdated idea of "(automatic) silent save settings" before start of 2nd instance, so that it starts with current settings, not just with the previous saved. Seems this would have destroyed my hand-made settings, so use of a "parallel" set of settings would have been appropriate.
W7(x64) SP1 German
( +WXP SP3 )