PDF previews not increasing size in larger thumbnails view

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
qofmiwok

PDF previews not increasing size in larger thumbnails view

Post by qofmiwok »

I changed preferences to "let the program do the scaling", and now my jpg's are showing up larger when I select larger size thumbnails. (Previously the space between thumbnail was increasing but the thumbnails themselves weren't.) But my pdf's still aren't getting larger, and this is primarily what I need because I use a very high res display. How do I make that scaling work?

jupe

Re: PDF previews not increasing size in larger thumbnails view

Post by jupe »

You could try this workaround:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18229#p155952

qofmiwok

Post by qofmiwok »

Thanks. Seems like a different problem though. I'm at 3200 dpi. Toolbars and icons look fine. It's only the thumbnails of pdfs that aren't scaling right.

This is the whole reason I am trying this program. Although it seems like it has a lot of cool features, my number one issue is to find some software of any kind that will how me pdf thumbnails large enough to be able to find scanned documents.

Do I understand from the linked post that this used to work, so might be able to be fixed?

jupe

Post by jupe »

qofmiwok wrote:Thanks. Seems like a different problem though.
Different problem, yes, but it is also a different way of the scaling being done, which I theorized would also fix your issue, but if you don't want to bother trying it then no worries.

Also did you try these settings:

Configuration | Preview | Thumbnails | Size #3

I don't have DPI scaling active but my PDF's increase size the same as images, hence my previous posts suggestion.

qofmiwok

Post by qofmiwok »

Went back to default on DPI scaling. On thumbnail 2 which is 192x192, the thumbnails are 12 across on the page, about an inch tall. On thumbnail 3 which is 675x675, the thumbnails are 3 across, but only a tiny bit larger. Instead of actually getting larger it is all white space in between. When viewing jpg's they expand to fill all that white space and there are large thumbnails 3 across. (Note, jpg works whether windows or program scaling is used. pdf's work with neither.)

I only didn't try touchscreen mode because I can't find anything about what it is supposed to do. But I'll turn it on and see if I can figure it out.

qofmiwok

Post by qofmiwok »

OK, tried Touchscreen mode and it doesn't help at all. Increases the sizes of all the toolbars and fonts, but does nothing to the size of the pdf images.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Ok, another theory is that it may be your PDF thumbnail app, I am using SumatraPDF and it works on my system, what are you using?
qofmiwok wrote:I only didn't try touchscreen mode because I can't find anything about what it is supposed to do. But I'll turn it on and see if I can figure it out.
Touchscreen mode info: you can paste the following into the XY address bar for more information if you are interested, you will have to PageDown a few times to get to the Special Toolbar Buttons heading:

Code: Select all

::help "idh_toolbar.htm";

jupe

Post by jupe »

qofmiwok wrote:OK, tried Touchscreen mode and it doesn't help at all. Increases the sizes of all the toolbars and fonts, but does nothing to the size of the pdf images.
Touchscreen mode wasn't meant as a fix, switching off DPI scaling makes it necessary on HiDPI, it was the switching off of DPI scaling that was a possibility because apps can act weird in that mode, but you have now ruled it out (as long as you completely disabled it instead of just switching it to system)

Also I assume you were using the following option between tries?:

View | Caches | Refresh Thumbnails

PDF thumbnails aren't created by XY unlike images, so that's why I asked the unanswered question about what PDF application you have installed, but I see you decided to just create a bug report instead.

mic

Post by mic »

I just re-installed XYplorer on a new system and I have exactly the same issue.
Did you find a solution to your problem ?
I have installed the latest version on PDF Exchange Pro (v8).
Thanks in advance.
Michel