OneDrive on Windows 10

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Cormorin

OneDrive on Windows 10

Post by Cormorin »

Hi

Simple user here and i hope for a simple reply for a simple questions :biggrin:

I am using OneDrive and selected the On Demand settings.......

How do i know which of the 100,000 files on OneDrive i have downloaded to my harddrive and therefore are using up valuable space ?

Is there a way to search for these files ?

Is there a way of showing them in a different colour ?

Many Thanks

Cormorin

Re: OneDrive on Windows 10

Post by Cormorin »

bump... :titter:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Don't know. Not yet. Windows 10 is coming here soon...

jupe

Post by jupe »

This isn't going to be directly helpful because on my computer OneDrive stopped syncing properly and caused havoc, but studying the parts that are still semi functional I noticed this system property #298, which looks like a file has yet to be synced, so the following Instant Color Filter works for me to show that a file hasn't been synced yet.

prop:#298:Sync Pending>FFFFF8,FB4F04

So I am assuming that there is another property that you can check to see if a file is downloaded or not, you just need to work out the property number and adjust that ICF definition.

Once I clean install again after the soon to be released next Windows feature update, hopefully OneDrive is working again for me and I can check it out for you myself, otherwise just try investigating the System Properties yourself. I am also of the belief that with the help of an icon format custom column we should be able to rig up similar status icons to what is shown in Explorer.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I have just clean installed the new version of Windows 10 1803 17133, ( successfully fixing my constant crashes :mrgreen: ) I have found that by using the following color filter you can color OneDrive Files which are downloaded and using space on your device a different color,

prop:#304:Available on this device
Cormorin wrote:Is there a way to search for these files ?
You can use that same string to find the files that are downloaded on your device.

If you wanted icons like in explorer I found the 3 most common icons and wrote a quick bare bones custom column, I didn't bother with sync pending state etc., If you want any enhancements you need to modify the script and add those yourself, if you want to try the custom column enter the following the address bar

snippet;

Please note this script only works on english OS as is, you will need to modify the english text of $state to suit your OS language, see my next post further down in this topic as to how to retrieve each state.

then add this in the dialog that opens:

Code: Select all

Snip: CustomColumn 1
  XYplorer 18.90.0100, 12/4/18 7:01:39 PM
Action
  ConfigureColumn
Caption
  Status
Type
Definition
      $state = property("#303", <cc_item>);				// WIN 1809+
      if ($state == "") { $state = property("#304", <cc_item>); }	// WIN 1803-
      if ($state == "Available on this device") {
       return "<xyicons>\od_dl.ico";
     } elseif ($state == "Available when online"){
       return "<xyicons>\od.ico";
     } elseif ($state == "Always available on this device"){
       return "<xyicons>\od_a.ico";
     } else { return ""; }
Format
Trigger
Item Type
Item Filter

then add the custom column (look in the help file how) and I have attached the main 3 icon states icons, extract them all to your <xyicons> folder or adjust the paths in the above snippet.

edit: implemented minor performance changes, and included icon for 3rd state (Always available, not pictured)
Status.png
Status.png (4.65 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
Attachments
Icons.zip
(14.29 KiB) Downloaded 633 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow! :appl: :appl: :appl:

highend

Post by highend »

@jupe

I wouldn't try to get the property up to three times (when necessary)
and if only these two known states exist, go with a simple else like this:

$state = property("#304", <cc_item>);
    if ($state == "Available on this device") { 
     return "<xyscripts>\od_dl.ico";
   } elseif ($state == "Available when online"){ 
     return "<xyscripts>\od.ico";
   } else { return ""; }
Less work for each item...

Btw, can you test if the return values for that property are language dependent?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jupe

Post by jupe »

Yeah I had since thought of your suggestions myself and had already changed the last else, I posted hastily without optimization, lesson learnt. Is the only way to check if they are language dependent to change my OS language?, which I am not willing to do ATM after finally getting my rig running OK, can someone else on a different language OS select a OneDrive file and enter this in the address bar with the file in each different state, and then post the results instead:

echo "<prop #303><prop #304>";

highend

Post by highend »

Is the only way to check if they are language dependent to change my OS language?
Yepp
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Crw

Post by Crw »

To add the custom columns is that how you should do it?
Attachments
2-10-2018 - 8.37.14 - 0001.png
2-10-2018 - 8.37.14 - 0001.png (20.4 KiB) Viewed 6861 times

jupe

Post by jupe »

The instructions were in that post.

enter this in the address bar:

snippet;

then paste that text from that post in the popup dialog, then right click on the Name column header and select "Add Column", then right click the new "(Undefined)" column and select "Select Custom Column" and then select the Status custom column, which will be in that list now from the previous snippet; dialog step, (it will probably be #16 if you haven't added any non-default CCs before)

(or alternatively just grab that middle part of the text the stuff in the Definition section, and put it where you have added ALL the text in your screenshot)

jupe

Post by jupe »

FYI to anyone interested or to future readers of this topic, I just upgraded to Windows 10 1809 17763, and Microsoft in their infinite wisdom seem to have changed the relevant property number from #304 to #303, at least on my install. (which was an in-place upgrade)

OT: Also another thing I just found is that the rating stars used within XY e.g ★ (and where I have used the same symbol in my own scripts) display as a blank rectangle now! both in the list and in menus, oh the joys of "upgrading", not sure if this is a Windows bug that will be fixed or if it will need to be worked around, or maybe I am alone in this issue...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Holy crap. Mine won't update beyond 1803, don't know why. So I cannot test. I'm used to property number changes, it's one of their evil traditions, but if they really changed the font, I will give up. There is still the guitar to have a good time...

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I updated to 1809 yesterday on my desktop. I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to get it yet. I think Microsoft staggers the release somewhat and it may be area dependent to some degree. It's suppose to be available as a manual only release on Oct 2. On Oct 9 MS begins a gradual rollout through Windows update to all.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Columns #303/304 dont work anymore :(