confirmation of delete before delete occurs

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JRDavis

confirmation of delete before delete occurs

Post by JRDavis »

How do I get XYplorer to ask me to confirm that I want to delete a file before it in fact is deleted?

jupe

Re: confirmation of delete before delete occurs

Post by jupe »

Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Safety Belts | Confirm delete operations
XYPlorer Help File accessed by pressing F1 wrote:
Confirm delete operations

Tick it to get an XYplorer native confirmation prompt before any delete operation, be it to recycler or permanent.

If only empty folders are deleted then "Empty Folders" is explicitly mentioned in the caption.

Remarks

Note the differences to the somewhat related setting "Configuration | File Operations | Miscellaneous | Suppress delete confirmation dialog":

· The latter is about suppressing the Windows Delete Confirmation.

· The latter will actively suppress a prompt, but unticking it will not necessarily show the prompt! This is controlled by Windows global settings (located in the Properties tab of the Recycle Bin context menu).

Of course, if the Windows Delete Confirmation is enabled in the system, AND showing it is NOT suppressed in XYplorer, then you will be double prompted if "Confirm delete operations" is enabled.

The XYplorer native confirmation prompt becomes particularly useful when you travel with portable XYplorer and board an unknown host system where the Windows Delete Confirmation might be turned off. Then you can easily turn on XYplorer's prompt and be back on the safe side without modifying the host system.