column layout question

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
ladner

column layout question

Post by ladner »

I'm sure this issue is caused by something I'm doing wrong, but I've read the help, searched this forum, and fiddled with the relevant settings, without success.

Every once in awhile the column layout for a folder changes from my desired set to nothing other than Name. I then reload my column layout and it's ok for a while until some other folder layout changes. Rinse and repeat. For at least a year. Grrr.

In the early days I toyed with trying custom columns for different folder types but found it to be too much of a bother. Maybe I screwed something up with these experiments. I do not know.

Anyway, rather than diagnosing my problem, could someone please tell me the exact procedure and settings needed to specify the same column layout for every folder and never have it change.

Thanks kindly for your help.

highend

Re: column layout question

Post by highend »

View - Folder View Settings
If "Manage Folder Views..." is not greyed out, click it and remove ALL entries

Check this:
Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | [x] Apply list styles globally

Make sure this is unchecked:
Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Apply to... - [ ] Column layout (positions, widths, visibility)

In your current tab, choose your columns. Width, positions, etc.
These settings should now reflect in all other tabs!

This should not change, unless you modify e.g. a column width, position of a column, adding one or deleting one

If you want you could now save this view as the default view with
View - Folder View Settings - Define this Folder View as Default
So that you could reload it with View - Folder View Settings - Restore Folder View
if anything resets your column layout...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

ladner

Re: column layout question

Post by ladner »

Excellent! Thanks for your help. I think I see the setting I had wrong.

Damn this is a powerful application. I have used it every day for many years.