Auto-Arrange OFF / Item dragging preview ON?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kellymarie

Auto-Arrange OFF / Item dragging preview ON?

Post by kellymarie »

I just starting using XYplorer and am very happy with it so far, lots of tweaks and customizables.

Two specific things I can't seem to find that I would like to use if they are available:

1. Turn off the auto-sort or auto-arrange after dragging across files from one pane to another.
Currently when I drag files across, they are auto-arranged, I would prefer to have them just sit at the bottom of the list of files in that location until I re-order them myself (say by navigating to another folder and coming back, or say changing the ascending/descending order on a column header).

2. Turn on item dragging preview
When dragging across files from one pane to another currently there is no 'ghost' of the files under the mouse cursor, like in Windows Explorer for example. Is it possible to turn this visual aid on?

Thanks for your help :)

kellymarie

Re: Auto-Arrange OFF / Item dragging preview ON?

Post by kellymarie »

I assume by the lack of replies that this isn't possible then?

Oh well, good to know. I will uninstall the trial version and look for an alternative product to buy. Thanks any way, no problems :)

kunkel321

Re: Auto-Arrange OFF / Item dragging preview ON?

Post by kunkel321 »

I'm not aware of any tweaks to do these things. I like the "ghost item" when dragging idea. This seems like a no-brainer.
I'm not sure about having freshly-dropped items at the bottom of the pane though... I think that would confuse people.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel