Produce File List Without Any Sort

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Bret Blakeslee

Produce File List Without Any Sort

Post by Bret Blakeslee »

Is there any way to make a file list appear without any sorting. I sometimes need this function and when I need it nothing else will do since I want to see in what order the files were actually laid down on the disk. There may be a way to do this already but I haven't been able to find it. (I did do a search of the Tips & Tricks, Questions & Answers before I asked this and didn't find anything.)

jupe

Re: Produce File List Without Any Sort

Post by jupe »

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding your question but it sounds like you want it sorted by creation date ? If you do then you can either press the created date column header in details view or if you do truly mean unsorted then

Views Menu | Sort By | Unsorted

Its 8 up from the bottom or various other sort orders are available here to meet your needs, but column headers is the easiest route to change sort order IMO, you can have column headers available in all view modes too if you like, if created column isn't visible right click the header to make it so.

Anyway start here > Views Menu | Sort By

Bret Blakeslee

Post by Bret Blakeslee »

No, actually I wanted it unsorted. Essentially, this is sorted by when the files were laid down on the drive, rather than when they were created.

highend

Post by highend »

Not possible
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal