Toggle catalog on/off but w/o affecting Nav Panel

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
BobCrash

Toggle catalog on/off but w/o affecting Nav Panel

Post by BobCrash »

I placed catalog on right side of list panel.. dropped it's ID (664) into tbar user button.

It toggles on/off perfectly, as long as nav panel is active. But if nav panel state is off, it re-appears when I toggle catalog on, then stays active, when toggling catalog back off, unless I use normal nav panel kills. Have I missed a setting to separate that behavior??

Ideally, I'd like to toggle nav panel on/off w/left clicks and catalog on/off w/right clicks on same button. I did modify the ini long ago to have instant r/click behavior.

The catalog's long height on the right side, along with my various categories of custom filter's, file renames, fav navs, win calls, app starts, and anything I can possibly hack into it, has been such a productivity boost for me. It's a constant work in progress.

Why? ..because the catalog stays open and active, if I'm applying multiple actions to files, folders, custom renaming, filtering and changing filtering while modifying, etc, unlike using a button script, or the other multitude of ways to call up the same stuff, that close immediately after one pick, and have to repeat the call up again to do multiple actions.

This might not work well for others, as I am a heavy mouse user, which is probably has minority membership here..
I'm also an amatuer user, so there could be many more useful ways to do this sort of thing..

admin
Site Admin

Re: Toggle catalog on/off but w/o affecting Nav Panel

Post by admin »

...nav panel state is off...
By nav panel you mean the folder tree?

BobCrash

Re: Toggle catalog on/off but w/o affecting Nav Panel

Post by BobCrash »

By nav panel you mean the folder tree?
...Ooops, Yes..
I got stuck with the name from the optional tbar btn: 'Navigational Panel' , which I've been happily using to flip the folder tree on/off ..lol.. So to me, the folder tree was called 'Navigational Panel' ..A right click on the btn has now educated me.. :oops:

And some help file reading abt the catalog showed me so much more about it, I now feel a little foolish abt gushing on so much. :roll:
Ah well, perhaps it will push more naive users than I to explore more abilities and ways XY can work for them. Sure has me more productive now!

So. Final solution. (Mostly because I often use a narrow laptop screen & need more room)
Custom toolbar button labeled: ' Tree on/off - Catalog on/off' ...using #668 (tree id) for left click, and #664 (catalog id) for right click.
I can now instantly flip either one on/off , which works so great as a sort of double toggle ability.

..lol.. As soon as I read your reply, I knew I was had... But it solved all, and has turned out very useful & cool. Thanks! :D