Missing File Meta Data

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MrBlah

Missing File Meta Data

Post by MrBlah »

I'm trialing XYplorer right now and I've run into a snag.

When I access a file via XYplorer, I am unable to see various pieces of meta data associated with the file, like I can in Windows Explorer.

Attached you'll find the Properties window of a file that I have accessed via XYplorer and via Windows Explorer. You'll notice missing meta data when accessed via XYplorer, "Description" and "SW Last saved with". I use Description visually when I'm choosing files to add into assemblies in Solidworks as the file names are associated with internal part numbers, so getting this working is a must.

Any ideas? I went through the properties that I can chose to show in the columns and while there were two different options for "Description" just like in Windows Explorer, neither of them showed any information at all. Is there any way to access all associated meta data for a file so I can find a custom property to show?
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (47.21 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (41.32 KiB) Viewed 425 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing File Meta Data

Post by admin »

Probably a bitness-related issue. It should work if you open the Properties dialog via the 64-bit context menu.

Tick this first:
Configuration | Shell Integration | 64-bit Windows | Show the 64-bit context menu

MrBlah

Post by MrBlah »

Alright, so I am able to see the descriptions when I right click and access properties, this is a step in the right direction. However, I am still unable to see correct information via a new column. Any ideas?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These data are extracted by shell extensions, and they (should) come in two flavors: 32-bit and 64-bit. If you cannot see the data in XYplorer then the responsible 32-bit shell extension are missing or not correctly installed by the maker (Solidworks?).