Visual Filter - don't change display order

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JLoftus

Visual Filter - don't change display order

Post by JLoftus »

The Visual Filters list seems to continually sort the last used filters at the top... can this be disabled? I prefer my list to always remain alphabetical. Having the last used filter forced to the top breaks the visual [alphabetical] flow and I go looking for filters that have been moved to the top.

Would be great to have this as an option or even a tweak.

JLoftus

Re: Visual Filter - don't change display order

Post by JLoftus »

@Don, any chance to have "automatically sort Visual Filters" as an option or tweak?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which list do you mean? Right-click toolbar button?

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

admin wrote:Which list do you mean? Right-click toolbar button?
Yes, exactly. Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of town for the last week. Yes, I would like [as an option or tweak?] for the right click context menu to always be sorted alphabetically, not sorted with last used on top. Some may prefer this "Last Used on top" behavior, so maybe best to make configurable?

Thanks Don

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

But then you won't see the filters from the end of the alphabet...

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

admin wrote:But then you won't see the filters from the end of the alphabet...
Well, that goes back to the other thread about only showing 16 items (which it seems you have fixed). At some point, sure, if you have 200 filters, there is always going this problem. However, for me (and I would think some others too), having the list alphabetical is more important than always changing the display order based on "last used", even if that means there may be some not shown in the context menu. And, if you make this an option or tweak, then it could be changed on the fly if needed, to show "missing" items.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, but IMO that's not a good idea. MRU is totally usual and expected here. XY gives you lots of ways to create your own custom and fixed filter lists. A custom toolbar button solves all your problems. :)