Paper Folder Usage

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
arbalest

Paper Folder Usage

Post by arbalest »

I've tried the paper folder features via the toolbar but I think I will be able to do more without the mouse if I use the ability to have a PF in the catalog. But when I add a catalog item and use the edit dialog to insert the path to the paper folder the resulting action when clicking on that catalog item is that it opens the paper catalog directory. Then if I click on the file I want Notepad opens. I've tried other ways to add a PF to the catalog without luck.

Also, when I drag something on to that catalog item I hoped that it would act like a drop-stack, but nothing happens. In this case it is the same mouse work that would be needed for a drop stack but at least I get to see the caption of the catalog item. I hope it will work like that when I get the other problem resolved.

I guess I am not sure about the ways I will be using the paper folder feature but I imagine that I will use F6 to navigate to the catalog then use the arrow keys, then press Enter. Maybe I need to use a shortcut to open the paper folder then just select the one I want but that will require extra steps when I want to just drop something new onto a folder.

I think this will be a killer feature for me and at some point I will start a thread asking how others are creatively using paper folders.

yusef88

Re: Paper Folder Usage

Post by yusef88 »

+1
I wish papers become part of tree; a special folder makes you able to create papers under it and drag items to them

you can try Papyrus and PaperList scripts

highend

Post by highend »

To add a paper folder to the catalog, add a new item, use any caption that you want and
for location, use:

Code: Select all

paper:<Name of the paper folder without .txt>
So let's say you've created a paper folder named "DropStack" before. It's belonging
file would be:

<xydata>\Paper\DropStack.txt
So the location would just use:

paper:DropStack
And this new entry does not only open the paper folder when you click on it,
it acts as a drop target as well! So dragging and dropping other files on this
entry would add them to that paper folder...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

totmad1

Post by totmad1 »

I didn't want to overwhelm you but I had to give you this link.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12410&p=110931#p110931
It maybe useful for the icons alone.
totmad1 (totally mad one)

Sherrell

Post by Sherrell »

Thanks Highend, I gave that a try and it actually worked out pretty flawlessly! :tup: