Copy my keyboard shortcuts to another computer

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
myrnalarson

Copy my keyboard shortcuts to another computer

Post by myrnalarson »

I've got a new laptop. I've found XYplorer's .INI file and copied it to the new computer. But that file doesn't include my customized keyboard shortcuts. I tried ks.dat. Raw view says it's the right file, i.e. XYplorer Keyboard Shortcuts, but it didn't have my changes.

highend

Re: Copy my keyboard shortcuts to another computer

Post by highend »

Copying my XYplorer.ini + ks.dat to a new portable XY's data folder works fine here...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

myrnalarson

Post by myrnalarson »

I had expected it to work, also. I'll try again.

Thanks for the help.

myrnalarson

Post by myrnalarson »

I had originally copied and pasted just the .ini file. I copied and pasted ks.dat a few days later. That didn't work. In fact I had tried to copy & paste ks.dat again today. Still no dice!

But I noticed you said you copied "XYplorer.ini + ks.dat", so I tried closing XYPlorer on the desktop computer and used Windows File Explorer to select both files and copy and paste them to the second computer. Now it worked!!!!!

I conclude you have to do them both at the same time. Strange (to me, at least). I wonder why.

Anyway, my problem is solved. Thanks for your help.

highend

Post by highend »

No, ks.dat and xyplorer.ini aren't related in that way (apart from things like user defined commands!)

You copied the ks.dat file while the destination XYplorer was running? That would have worked as
well but ONLY if you've exited that instance without saving it's configuration...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal