configure XYexplorer to always open the same 10 folders?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
ihot01

configure XYexplorer to always open the same 10 folders?

Post by ihot01 »

I'm a newbie and a new believer in XY !! I'll be paying customer after trial.
I plan on bragging about XY to my friends in IT. I've over 30 years experience as programmer!

I just found answers in this forum to almost all of my own questions!!
Here are my questions and answers.
1) In XYexplorer, I had 10 tabs (with folders such as c:\temp) opened. My laptop crashed. After reboot XYexplorer does not show the 10 folders I had last opened. How can I get it to open the last 10 tabs that are opened? Also, how can I configure XYexplorer to always open the same 10 folders?

I did not get answer to this yet. workaround are these:
Best practice for backing it up:
type in
<xydata>
XY jumps to
C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer
backup the autobackup folder

Menu > Go> hotlist / favorite folders will show up

2) In a folder in XY, I want to right-mouse-click and create a new Word document. XY menu only gives me a choice to create new text doc. How can I update that menu to include New Word doc?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17463&p=149528&hilit=excel#p149528

3) I use dual monitors. How do I switch Font size and UI ? Sometimes it is too small or too large depending on which monitor it show up on. It was showing perfect on 2nd monitor. After I unplug my laptop, the fonts became so small I can’t read it in my laptop’s monitor
One way is Ctrl+Mouse-Wheel. Also experiment with Shift+Ctrl+Mouse-Wheel.

4) In XY I sometimes want to quickly open the same folder in Windows Explorer. How do I open folder in XYexplorer using windows explorer?
Click on folder, then menu> File> Open With

5) Is there a good youtube Video that will introduce me to most useful functions / features of XY explorer?
??

6) How to use Teracopy:
Configuration | File Operations | File Operations | External Copy Handlers | Configure...
+
Configuration | File Operations | File Operations | External Copy Handlers | Select copy handler

i have added the following line in win 7 64 bit

TeraCopy|C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/Close /open_window
TeraCopy| C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe |/Close /open_window

and configured the copy handler in dropdown as teracopy and it is perfectly working.

thanks for adding this feature.
Beware: Using 3rd party copier has many limitation (from Help file):

- No Rich Copy. In a Rich Copy situation Custom Copy will be automatically used instead of the External Copy Handler. Reason: You cannot state multiple destinations (one individual destination for each source file) in the External Copy Handler.
- No undo/redo.
- No background processing via XYcopy ( the External Copy Handler is another process anyway), and hence no queueing.
- Any tags will not be copied or moved along.

Thanks in advance

admin
Site Admin

Re: configure XYexplorer to always open the same 10 folders?

Post by admin »

When a laptop crashes some things will not work as usual. But when the laptop does not crash XY will open with the same tabs that were open when you last closed it.