Sort Order from Locked Tab

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Sort Order from Locked Tab

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
I have a locked tab, e.g. C:\Projects that is sorted by Last Modified. When I double-click a folder within the locked tab it opens a new tab w/the new location (like it supposed to do). What I'm finding is the sort order is also copied over, so the new tab is also sorted by Last Modified.

Is there a setting that I am missing (I scoured through the Configuration) that prevents the sort order from the locked tab from being applied on the new tab ?

I am using the latest beta version.

VeeGee

Re: Sort Order from Locked Tab

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
Some time has passed since my original post. Anyone have any ideas ? I have searched through the settings and don't see anything to prevent this. Maybe I'm missing a tweak, and if not, see about adding an option to not copy the locked sort order over ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I find this behavior completely natural.

There is something you can do though: Avoid that a new tab is opened by declaring* one of your tabs (one per pane) as Default Tab (this tab should be unlocked). This tab is then used when forced away from a locked tab, and its sort order will remain unchanged.

* How: Right-click the tab header and click "Default Tab".

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Pretty awesome feature. I setup a default tab in both panes - works exactly like you said. Thank you for the reply.