Editing User Button Once Button Context Menu Has Been Suppressed …

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
cfguy101

Editing User Button Once Button Context Menu Has Been Suppressed …

Post by cfguy101 »

Hi All,

A while ago, I posted a topic in this forum asking if there was a way to "disable" the context menu appearing (initiating an immediate execution of a programed right click command) while "right-clicking" a user button on the XYplorer toolbar.
Klownboy was very helpful in providing me the solution to this problem by recommending that I change the "CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands" from "0" to "1" (No quotes) in the XYplorer ini file.

This worked perfectly, and I responded with a follow-up question as to why anyone would not want to eliminate the context menu appearing on a right-click of a user button on the XYplorer toolbar, however I think that I have helped answer my own question, as I have found at least one reason this could be problematic.

Once the context menu is disabled on right-click of a user button, I now don't know of any way to further edit or make changes to the user button (a function that the user button context menu does indeed provide).

The only way I can think of (with my limited (but growing) knowledge of XYplorer programming, is to go back into the XYplorer "ini" file, and changing
the "CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands" back to "0", then restart the program, eight click the user button to evoke the context menu (which allows editing of the icon button), make the desired edit to the button, and then go back into the XYplorer "ini" file and, once again, "CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands" back to "1" (so that the context menu again no longer appears on right-click of a user button, save the file and then exit.
Obviously, this is quite a bit of work just to be able to edit a user button (once the context menu has been suppressed).

Is there any other easier way to edit a user button (once the "CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands" has been changed to "1" in the "ini" file)? Or is the process that I outlines above the only way to accomplish this?

Thanks, as always for your help with this new issue that has arisen.

-Cfguy

highend

Re: Editing User Button Once Button Context Menu Has Been Suppressed …

Post by highend »

You haven't read the thread carefully enough...

viewtopic.php?p=150326#p150326
you can still get access to those commands by holding Ctrl when you right click the CTB
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal