Add Columns to All Tabs

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Add Columns to All Tabs

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon,
Today I started reading up on and testing Labels and Tags. So far, very useful and easy to work with. My current setup is dual pane, 6 locked tabs on top and 8 locked on the bottom.

I added the Labels and Tags columns to one of my tabs to test out. Is there a way to "add columns to all tabs" ? or if I end up using these, manually add the new columns to each tab.

I search the forums and Configuration, didn't find an answer. I do see a Save/Load Column Layout and was able to Save the new layout and Load it to another, but I didn't see any type of "Apply to All".

Thanks.

bdeshi

Re: Add Columns to All Tabs

Post by bdeshi »

This should be possible with a slightly longwinded way:
Main Menu > Tools >Configuration > Styles > Apply to... - go to and click this button, then uncheck Column layout.
Now activate your desired columns on the active tabs of both panes. Then cycle to other tabs on either pane; the new column settings should be transferred to them.

Or you can automate the manual process: just run this script from the addressbar (paste and enter).

Code: Select all

::$col=setcolumns(); while $p++<2{$tabs=tab('get','c'); while $tabs-->0{if(<curpath>!=%recycler%&&<curpath>!=%computer%){setcolumns($col)} #1018} #802};
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Thank you. I tried it both ways to get familiar and they worked.

Question - in your script, you have listed #1018 and #802. I am assuming these are the new columns to add; however, when I turn on Command IDs and look at the columns, I see Label as #379 and Tags as #381. Are your numbers something different or am I looking at the wrong IDs ?

highend

Post by highend »

The IDs have nothing to do with labels or tags. Just look them up in the list...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Thanks. Found them in the List All Commands. Makes sense now after seeing what they are.