Need Help with Right Clicking Programmed User Button on XYplorer Toolbar …

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
cfguy101

Need Help with Right Clicking Programmed User Button on XYplorer Toolbar …

Post by cfguy101 »

Greetings Everyone,

For the "user buttons" on the toolbar, when editing these buttons I am allowed to put commands in the boxes next to "On left click:" and "On right click:". When I then left click my mouse on the button, the command line I entered in is immediately executed. However, when I right click on the button, I am presented with a context menu in which the command I entered for "On right click" is the first choice on this menu, then I must left click this command in order to execute the command that I entered for "On right click". :(

Instead of having this context menu appear when I right click a user button, is there a way for me to program or force XYplorer to immediately execute the command (as it does when I left click a user button), instead of making me go through the extra steps of first having to left click on a command, in order to get the command that I entered into the On right click:" box to execute?

Thanks so much for your help with this matter. :)

-Cfguy

highend

Re: Need Help with Right Clicking Programmed User Button on XYplorer Toolbar …

Post by highend »

How about showing your command / script that you assigned to the right click?

Screenshot of the button setup as well...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I believe this is simply the standard right click on a CTB menu displaying. It's set this way as the default. Please change the following setting in the XYplorer.ini file as follows:

Code: Select all

CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands=1
Search in the ini file for CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands and change the "0" to "1" (No quotes). Please refer to this help https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak on how to make a change to the XYplorer.ini file. Good luck.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

cfguy101

Post by cfguy101 »

klownboy, you are XYgenius! :appl:

Your proposed .ini change worked perfectly (and instantly!)

Thank you so much. :)

Follow-up question (if you don't mind me asking) - why would someone *not* want the default to be an instant execution on right click of a user button? I can understand the functionality of having a context-menu pop up on right click on files, folders, web browsers, programs ... but I didn't understand the purpose of the context menu on right click for a user button in XYplorer. Please enlighten me, if you would.

Thanks,
Cfguy

klownboy wrote:I believe this is simply the standard right click on a CTB menu displaying. It's set this way as the default. Please change the following setting in the XYplorer.ini file as follows:

Code: Select all

CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands=1
Search in the ini file for CTBNoRClickDefaultCommands and change the "0" to "1" (No quotes). Please refer to this help https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak on how to make a change to the XYplorer.ini file. Good luck.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

cfguy101 wrote:Follow-up question (if you don't mind me asking) - why would someone *not* want the default to be an instant execution on right click of a user button? I can understand the functionality of having a context-menu pop up on right click on files, folders, web browsers, programs ... but I didn't understand the purpose of the context menu on right click for a user button in XYplorer. Please enlighten me, if you would.
Good question for Don. Many people that have enough experience with XYplorer would rather have that tweak set to "1" (i.e., no default right click commands displaying). However, it's possible (and Don would know this) that the vast majority of users don't assign a right click command to a CTB or even know how to do that. By the way, maybe you found out already, you can still get access to those commands by holding Ctrl when you right click the CTB.

Don, what do you think? Is it time to reconsider the default since we answer this question quite often and users can access that menu by holding down the ctrl key while right clicking the CTB.

And by the way, thanks, but I'm no XYgenius, but there are quite a few that frequent this forum. :)
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440