Creating saved searches and views

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
d.vyd

Creating saved searches and views

Post by d.vyd »

Hello,

I am demoing XYplorer. I find the custom metadata fields and tags incredibly useful but find myself having to recreate views day to day. Is it possible to save some commonly used searches and corresponding views (file columns displayed) for recall later?

Thank you,
-d. vyd

admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating saved searches and views

Post by admin »

Hello, welcome to the club, and sorry for the extremely late reply :oops: !

Normally, almost everything in XYplorer is saved between sessions by default. Please ensure that this setting is checked:
Configuration | Startup & Exit | Save settings on exit

Don

d.vyd

Post by d.vyd »

Thanks Don. Yes, the last session is saved. But, what if I have three or four searches that I often conduct on different directories with different columns I want to display? I can't seem to open tabs (ctrl-T is grayed out) and don't understand the tabsets--they save but don't open any searches or display any results. I want to save and quickly call up all the parameters of a few different searches. How is that best achieved?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1) For simple name pattern searches you find your recent searches in most-recently-used dropdowns in Find Files and Quick Search (also at the toolbar button). For more complex searches check out Search Templates in the Help.

2) Ctrl+T is greyed out? Ensure that this is set to 0:
Configuration | Tabs | Maximum number of tabs (0 = unlimited)