Open 64-bit Context Menu with built-in or custom shortcuts, or AHK Win+Right-Click Mouse

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Dustydog

Open 64-bit Context Menu with built-in or custom shortcuts, or AHK Win+Right-Click Mouse

Post by Dustydog »

Modifier Key(s) + Right Click would be very handy, imho.

Can't get away from that 64-bit menu - though 32-bit more useful, generally, so it stays my default.

[Edit: Changed thread subject to more of a tip than a question.]
Last edited by Dustydog on 27 Apr 2017 12:39, edited 2 times in total.

highend

Re: Is/Would it be possible to show 64-bit context menu with a simple modifier key?

Post by highend »

Shouldn't I move this to the wishes section?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Is/Would it be possible to show 64-bit context menu with a simple modifier key?

Post by admin »

Already there:

Code: Select all

v16.90.0208 - 2016-06-13 18:11
    + 64-bit Context Menu: Experimentally you now can force the 64-bit context 
      menu using Ctrl+Menu Key (the key next to the right CTRL key, so Ctrl+Menu 
      Key is easily doable with the right hand).
      This gives you nice keyboard options:
        -      Menu Key: 32-bit Context Menu
        - Ctrl+Menu Key: 64-bit Context Menu
      Note that the above only works if "Show the 64-bit context menu" is OFF, else it 
      has no effect since the 64-bit context menu is opened either way.

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

Bless you! Oh he that giveth in such abundance!

Appreciate you Don, as always.

[Like so many things, I didn't know whether it was possible already - or indeed a wish. But you're probably right about the original post category being wrong. I've usually been wrong the other way, however. As here.]

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

I've got a laptop keyboard. I assume the menu key you mean is the "Windows" key, and that the right-ctrl, versus left, is what's required. I only have one "Windows" key - on the left - which perhaps seems required to be on the right as well (on the right side, that's where my PrtSc is located - I do have two ctrl keys)?

I think I have things set up OK, but can't seem to make this work. Ideally, both would be able to be on the left (as an alternative?) - but happy with right-ctrl and left "Windows" were that possible.

Advice? Even if it's something tricksy with Autohotkey or whatever? Or a customization option, even if it's in the .ini or...? Consider this a wish if I can't currently get this to work on a laptop (Lenovo) keyboard. Would be very useful to me.

highend

Post by highend »

No "Windows" key, "menu" key :)

An example picture:
menu_key.png
menu_key.png (82.64 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
Not every keyboard has one...

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

Nope, not every keyboard does.

So - how about an alternative?

(Thanks for taking the time, highend.)

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

So...sounds like AHK is the answer to fake the key?

highend

Post by highend »

The alternative is: Shift + F10 for the menu key
So for XY's 64-bit menu: Ctrl + Shift + F10

And if this is not practical, use AHK to map Shift + F10 to a different key...

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

Didn't know about that particular shortcut - thank you. (And I've used Windows how long now? Gads.)

What I ended up doing was simply:

RAlt::AppsKey
[Thats an exceedingly simple AutoHotKey script that maps the menu key to Right-Alt, if you aren't aware.]

Eventually, I'll get around to making it XY-window context aware.

It's got to be convenient or else it isn't ;)

(In case anyone's confused, it has nothing to do with the mouse. Just select whatever and hit the key combo.)

highend

Re: Ctrl-Menu opens 64-bit Context Menu: If you don't have that key, either use AHK or the alternative F10 shortcut.

Post by highend »

It's got to be convenient
Not for me (or more generally, Germans) :P
Right alt ist "Alt Gr" and it's used for getting third layer symbols from keys...

#IfWinActive ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC
RAlt::AppsKey
#IfWinActive

Dustydog

Re: Ctrl-Menu opens 64-bit Context Menu: If you don't have that key, either use AHK or the alternative F10 shortcut.

Post by Dustydog »

Thank you for the Window handle.

Here's what I finally ended up with. I like getting the context menu from right-clicking anyway, so here press the left "Windows" key + Ctrl + Right-Click will give the 64-bit context menu.

;Only active if XY is the active window.

;Maps Left-Windows+Right-Click to the "Menu" key.
;Must press Ctrl as well to get the 64 bit XY menu.
<#RButton::AppsKey

#IfWinActive
(I couldn't seem to make it work directly with just the "Windows" key, i.e. <#RButton::>^Appkey doesn't hurt, no error, but it doesn't work either unless the Ctrl key is also pressed.)

highend

Post by highend »

Yeah, ahk is a bit picky about using the windows key...

Btw, where is your "mentor me" e-mail? xD

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

This works, finally:

*<#RButton::

Send {RCtrl Down}
Send {AppsKey Down}

return

*<#RButton up::

Send {AppsKey Up}
Send {RCtrl Up}

return

#IfWinActive
Just artificially sends the keys in the right sequence. So, Hold down the Win Button + Right-Click, and there you go, 64-bit menu.

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

highend wrote:Yeah, ahk is a bit picky about using the windows key...

Btw, where is your "mentor me" e-mail? xD
Don't want to waste your time. When I get really stuck, you'll hear from me. I appreciate you taking me up on my private proposition.