Type ahead find filter "Back"

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Millzey

Type ahead find filter "Back"

Post by Millzey »

The new feature for type ahead find filter says to hit the "Back" key to remove the previous character, but it doesnt seem to be working for me. If i hit the back button or the shortcut for back, it just goes to the previous locations. What am I doing wrong?

highend

Re: Type ahead find filter "Back"

Post by highend »

The backspace key is meant. No back button or any shortcut to it
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jaywalker32

Post by jaywalker32 »

I think this is feature that was added recently with 'redirect typing to Life Filter'. If you press backspace after the last character, it makes you navigate one level up. Same with pressing space while 'Type Ahead Live Filter' ing. It will not type the space, instead it will select the first file in the list.

Is there a way to maybe toggle this option off? To disable these special key effects? It gets a bit annoying when it's not what you intended to do.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sure, turn off this: Configuration | Filters & Type Ahead Find | Type Ahead Find | Redirect typing to Live Filter Box

jaywalker32

Post by jaywalker32 »

Yeah, but that would turn that whole feature off. I actually totally love the feature itself. It's become pretty essential now.

It's just small annoyances like

1. 'pressing backspace past the last character' will take you up a folder level. And
2. 'typing space' will select a file instead of 'adding a space to the live filter string'.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jaywalker32 wrote:1. 'pressing backspace past the last character' will take you up a folder level. And
2. 'typing space' will select a file instead of 'adding a space to the live filter string'.
1. That has been discussed extensively here. This overloading of Back is problematic but the current way is the best so far.

2. Whoops, right, another overloading. Has been overlooked so far. Well, probably the space should not do anything like select a file if Redirect typing to Live Filter Box is on.

jamesraykenney

Post by jamesraykenney »

The not being able to type a <space> in the search JUST started happening to me about a month or two ago...
I thought my keyboard was going bad!
I have found that you have to hit <space> twice to get it to work now... Any way to turn that off?
I use the instant filtering all the time and it is driving me crazy!

jupe

Post by jupe »