After upgrading to 17.90 apparent folder size problem

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Bee

Re: After upgrading to 17.90 apparent folder size problem

Post by Bee »

I'll tinker around with it for a while, maybe I'll find out what the problem is. Since I'm the only person with this problem it must be something on my end, I guess. If I can't get it to work I'll downgrade so that I can use my custom columns again and hope that it'll fix itself in later versions.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and your patience and have a nice weekend :).

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

Was having the same problem. So far so good with .0002. Didn't catch your thread here at first.

Don's apparently a God, maybe fallible, but gads he's fast on working on things like this. Have you ever, ever had another developer this responsive and fast on bug fixes - or this responsive on his forum? I certainly haven't - quite the opposite. Whether this works or not, do I ever appreciate Don's efforts.

He's the single best example for not outsourcing software development, especially to developers who are unable to directly interact with or are otherwise distant from their customers, I've ever seen. He's one guy with a big load versus a team, but that holds true for a good team as well. Kind of...Agile development with the developer as an end user as well. Can't get better than that.

He's a software auteur :)

Bee

Post by Bee »

Dustydog wrote:Was having the same problem. So far so good with .0002. Didn't catch your thread here at first.
So .0002 fixed it for you?

And yes, the support is amazing.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bee wrote:
Dustydog wrote:Was having the same problem. So far so good with .0002. Didn't catch your thread here at first.
So .0002 fixed it for you?
And what about you? You said it did not fix it for you, right?

Bee

Post by Bee »

admin wrote:And what about you? You said it did not fix it for you, right?
Yes, it didn't fix it. I tried again because of the other user's post, but the problem remained the same. I had downgraded again so I could use my custom columns, but the moment the software opened after the install of .0002 it was again exactly the way I described it in my reply to your question yesterday where you asked at what point the problem occurs. Only this time, since the columns were already there from the previous version I immediately got the hourglass when navigating to the specific folder.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I will upload another try now (hopes are low though).

Bee

Post by Bee »

admin wrote:I will upload another try now (hopes are low though).
Thanks. I'll keep checking the beta versions post.

Bee

Post by Bee »

I just installed .0003 and the problem is fixed now! Thank you very much. May I ask what you changed about the new version?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hard to explain, some possible array out of bounds issue (but I still cannot see why I could not reproduce it here).

Anyway, good! :biggrin:

Bee

Post by Bee »

Yes, I thought it would be hard to explain. Anyway, thank you again for the extremely prompt support. It was the first time I ever had trouble with the software after years of use and it got fixed within two days. :D

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

Stuff like this makes me believe in computer imps. Who knows why .0002 fixed it for me and not you. And yes, thank you Don for a great fix in record time for something you couldn't even reproduce.