If I multi-task sometimes XYplorer remains minimised.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Bart

If I multi-task sometimes XYplorer remains minimised.

Post by Bart »

If I multi-task sometimes XYplorer remains minimised. I checked older posts but that does not bring me further to a solution, also the dates back to 2012.

Bart
Highend outside this forum

Jerry

Re: If I multi-task sometimes XYplorer remains minimised.

Post by Jerry »

What do you mean exactly? For example, you can't restore the XY window from its minimized state by clicking on the taskbar icon? Or XY is your default file manager and when you go to a folder from some other place, you don't see XY restoring itself to show the location? Etc.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

brianbec

Post by brianbec »

I have been having a problem, perhaps the same as you. It happens inconsistently where I open a .pdf file from within XYP and Windows will switch to it automatically, but when I try to use the taskbar icon for XYP to go back nothing happens. I must then minimize several applications that are on top of XYP to get back there.
It's been happening for quite a while now (several previous versions of XYP) and requires a great deal of mouse and eye movement. ugh.

I use Foxit Reader and thought that it was causing the problem, but now it's happening with other programs too.

Using Win7 Pro, XYP 18.10.
Thanks ahead of time for any assistance!

brianbec

Post by brianbec »

Jerry,

A more specific way to explain my issue is with "switching focus". My normal environment is with all applications at full screen, I rarely minimize programs to switch. My method of switching is by clicking taskbar icons to bring them to the front. So when I open a .pdf in xyplorer it will open it with Foxit Reader (full screen on top) and when I want to go back to Xyplorer by clicking on the taskbar icon Windows will keep the focus on Foxit Reader and not bring XYplorer to the top.

I have discovered a workaround. When this happens I can click the TAB key and it will switch. I found this workaround by using the standard Windows Alt+Tab switching method and noticed that it switched without using the Alt key.

Brian

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you have a way for me to reproduce this?