Overriding Catalog Item Entries

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
sylumer

Overriding Catalog Item Entries

Post by sylumer »

Hi.

I'm a relatively new user to XYplorer and I don't know if I'm missing something obvious or if there's an issue in XYplorer (I'm on 17.50.0200) but I can't seem to change the icon for entries in the catalog. In particular I'd like to give my script entries more meaningful icons.

According to the help on Catalogs...
Icons: You can define the icon for each Catalog item. Simply append any file spec to the Caption in Properties, separated by a | (pipe). It can be an icon file or any other file or folder with associated system icon. XYplorer native variables, environment variables, and portable paths are supported. For example: Love|E:\Test\Kiss.ico. You can as well reference internal icons (toolbar icons) using ":" as prefix, for example: Add Tags|:tagsadd. Tip: Keys to toolbar icons, e.g. [tagsadd], can be seen in square brackets when choosing Customize Toolbar from the right-click menu of a user button. Paths are resolved relative to the Icons Path (default: <xydata>\Icons).
I have a 48x48 icon file located as C:\Users\millaste\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\Icons\full_basket.ico
I use this in a toolbar button just fine.

For a test script entry I've tried setting the item location field as...

Code: Select all

::beep 100,100;|C:\Users\millaste\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\Icons\full_basket.ico
::beep 100,100;|"C:\Users\millaste\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\Icons\full_basket.ico"
::beep 100,100;|<xydata>\Icons\full_basket.ico
::beep 100,100;|full_basket.ico
I also tried referencing an internal icon.

::beep 100,100;|:tasgadd
  • I've tried with different icon files including ones of different sizes and some containing multiple icon sizes.
  • I've tried setting the icon parameter as the explicit path to notepad.exe to see if it's primary icon could be pulled in.
  • I've tried changing icons on links to file system locations just in case scripts are a case which can't be changed.
  • I've tried saving the catalog being amended and reloading it.
  • I've tried using the context menu entry on the catalog; Catalog > Refresh all icons.
  • I've tried closing and reopening XYplorer.
... none of these combinations seem to have managed to change the default icon.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Stephen.

highend

Re: Overriding Catalog Item Entries

Post by highend »

Welcome to the forum.
Simply append any file spec to the Caption in Properties, separated by a | (pipe)
You are using a script and an icon. But the script doesn't belong there...

Caption: <How you want to name the entry>|<your icon>
E.g.:

::beep 100,100;
Catalog.png
Catalog.png (11.24 KiB) Viewed 657 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

sylumer

Re: Overriding Catalog Item Entries

Post by sylumer »

Awesome - thank you.

I thought I must be doing something wrong - I obviously can't read the word "Caption" :roll:

Thanks again.

Stephen.