Opening a powershell / command prompt??

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Zach

Opening a powershell / command prompt??

Post by Zach »

In previous versions of XYplorer, I remember being able to open a command prompt from the right-click menu, I think by holding shift just like explorer does now in Windows 10.

However somewhere along the way this functionality seems to have been lost? Am I overlooking an option somewhere? Do I need to futz with the registry? So far the only way I know of to open a command prompt in XYplorer is to go to the directory I want, and then in the location bar, Ctrl+A and then hit ! to replace it and hit enter.

Related:
I'd be interested to know if I can get an "Open Powershell" on the right-click menu as well.

highend

Re: Opening a powershell / command prompt??

Post by highend »

That has always been a (windows) shell thing, not an XY one. What happens in Windows Explorer, when you shift-right click a folder, no command prompt context menu entries?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Zach

Post by Zach »

No it works fine in Windows explorer.

But I explicitly remember being able to do this in XYplorer at some point. Because I almost exclusively use it

edit:
I found a guide on editing the registry to add a link on the menu and I got powershell to show up. So I guess that works

Papoulka

Post by Papoulka »

In "Settings | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Context Menus" there is a box to enable "Open Command Prompt Here". Maybe that's what you need.