SDD: significant slow down by shares unavailable

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Filehero

SDD: significant slow down by shares unavailable

Post by Filehero »

Hi Don,

hope you've had a good XMas time. :)

In the list pane I use a click-on-white script (CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite_Script) to show the favorite folders and files. When my Favorites (folders) contain some network shares ("\\server\share") it takes ages until the menu pops up.

I guess that's because every item is evaluated for existence (otherwise the "?"-icon couldn't be set for a missing location). Since the popup time sums up for every share not available (of which I have a few by now), that's really a pita!
Of course, I thought that's due to the Assume that servers are available-flag not set. But checking that flag doesn't cure it.

It can be easily reproduced using the SmartDropDown approach (the affected script uses this pattern).

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\
-
"My Share" \\server\share\
-
"System" C:\Windows\System32\
Is this a bug? If not, could the SDD-logic be adapted to support that flag?

Thanks,
Filehero

Filehero

Re: SDD: significant slow down by shares unavailable

Post by Filehero »

Hi Don,

first of all, have a good start into 2017. I hope you could have finish the tedious icon rescaling job in order to get back to what you like much more: thinking about and implementing killer features. :D

Is there any chance that the assume-servers-are-available setting is working with the inbuild favorite folder listing (the default starred toolbar button) only?

Cheers, FH

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Filehero wrote:first of all, have a good start into 2017. I hope you could have finish the tedious icon rescaling job in order to get back to what you like much more: thinking about and implementing killer features. :D
Thanks! No, not finished yet, this will take much longer than I thought. Actually I will do it in phases, so I can do what I like much more (yep, you got it) in between.

Cannot reproduce your issue though. Added this to my favorite folders:

but the favorite folders popup menu is as fast as always. No wonder since "\\server\share\" gets a generic icon that takes no time to retrieve.

:?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:Cannot reproduce your issue though. Added this to my favorite folders:
but the favorite folders popup menu is as fast as always.
It's the other way round. Indeed, the Favorite Folders popup is (and stays) lightning fast.

But if I put the very same line into a smartdropdown.txt (to mimick my context script's logic) then the popup needs much longer to come up when I click the ctb the sdd.txt is assigned to.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OH yes, I can confirm that! Let's see what I can do...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fixed in next version.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Code: Select all

v17.40.0205 - 2017-01-11 16:18
    % Smart Dropdown Buttons: The popup menus could experience heavy delays when 
      unavailable network resources were passed to them. No more.
Works, what a relief. :tup:

Thanks, Don