How to lock bottom pane in Dual pane window mode?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
fileManager

How to lock bottom pane in Dual pane window mode?

Post by fileManager »

Hi,
on XYplorerFree 17.40.0100 on Windows 7 I like dual panel (press F10 key to enable/disable it). Now there are two panes one at the top and one at the bottom.

I like to use my bottom pane as always the same directory (my working directory for temporary files). I like to use my top pane for others directory like my documents directories etc.

Now when I click from directory structure (left window) content of clicked directory is displayed on my right one of the dual panel windows - it depends which one is active window.

Now the question. Is it possible to somehow lock bottom pane to be locked always to my strictly defined directory and never changed? So if my bottom pane is active and I click on tree structure from left window content is ALWAYS displayed on my top pane?

So top pane should be the pane that changes, bottom pane should never change like locked to specific directory.

Thanks

highend

Re: How to lock bottom pane in Dual pane window mode?

Post by highend »

Afaik that's not possible. You can lock a single tab to it's location but whenever you'd click on the tree
a new tab would be opened (instead of modifying the path of the locked one). You can limit the number
of tabs (Configuration | Tabs | Maximum number of tabs (0 = unlimited)) but
a.) If this is set to 1 you'd get a reminder window that there is a limit
b.) The setting is also valid for the upper pane so the same restriction would apply there as well
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Re: How to lock bottom pane in Dual pane window mode?

Post by klownboy »

Freeze Pane - In a dual pane mode where you don't want a pane to change or be affected by a tree change - that could be a handy feature for dual pane users even if infrequent. I don't know about you, but when I'm in Dual Pane mode, I'm constantly forgetting about which pane I'm in or which pane is "active" so I'm changing the wrong pane.

A "Freeze Pane" mode (entered via a toolbar button press or key stroke) would allow the user to freeze the location of the inactive pane. Being inactive, future changes in directories via the tree would be seen only in other pane (ie., the active one). It wouldn't matter what tab in the inactive pane you happened to be in at the time you entered Freeze Pane mode, but it would work on the inactive pane and force any tree changes to be accomplished on the active pane. Which is done normally, but in Freeze Pane mode the frozen pane will not be changed even if the user clicks in the pane. XYplorer wouldn't exit Freeze Pane mode unless the user specifically clicks the toolbar button or key.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440