Undo tagload?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Scorpio3002

Undo tagload?

Post by Scorpio3002 »

Hi. I was transferring some images from one computer to another, and wanted to export the tags I had saved along with them, so I used tagload("XYplorerTag.dat"). Trouble is, while it transferred the tags for the old images, it seems to have deleted all the tags I had already saved on the new computer. Is there any way to undo the tagload, and get the old tags back? It looks like I was pretty sloppy about backing things up: I went into AppData and created a backup of tag.dat before I ran tagload, but that doesn't seem to have been modified.

highend

Re: Undo tagload?

Post by highend »

If you have a backup of the old tags, why don't you import them?

Code: Select all

tagload("<your tag.dat backup file>", 1);
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Scorpio3002

Post by Scorpio3002 »

Because the tag.dat still under AppData doesn't show that it's been modified, not sure what good that would do.

highend

Post by highend »

You're currently not on the tag.dat database because of your tagload() command. That's the reason why your tag.dat isn't modified.
After importing your old tags export them again to your default db (tag.dat)

Code: Select all

tagexport("<xydata>\tag.dat", "");
Do not forget the empty "" part here!
After that your tag.dat should contain all tags
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Scorpio3002

Post by Scorpio3002 »

So I guess the tags.db hasn't been updated since December 1st, meaning that all the tags that I've been entering in for the last week have likely been lost.