Scrolling issue

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Scorpio3002

Scrolling issue

Post by Scorpio3002 »

Hi, I'm having a strange issue with the behavior of the arrow keys. I'm currently using XYplorer on two computers: my PC and my laptop. On the laptop, when I use the up and down arrow keys to scroll between files, it only scrolls the window up and down when I've reached the top or bottom of the page. On the PC, however, it scrolls the entire window, regardless of the page position. In terms of selecting files, the effect is the same; the file selector moves up or down one row, and stays in the same vertical column, but I would like to be able to have my PC match my laptop's behavior, and prevent the window from scrolling. Is there some setting in the configuration menu that controls this, which I might have turned off in one computer but not the other?

Also, while I'm asking, is there any way to change how far the mouse scroll wheel will scroll the page?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Scrolling issue

Post by admin »

All this can be set in the Mouse settings (Windows Control Panel / Mouse), not in XY.

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

This has aroused my curiosity!

Can it be coded to a CTB to toggle "Turn On ClickLock" :?:

Me thinks it would be handy up there. Whereas going through the Control Panel each time is more trouble than it's worth.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ClickLock... never heard of this, googled it, looks scary. Are you really using this?

(PS: Cannot be set by XY.)

Scorpio3002

Post by Scorpio3002 »

Hadn't noticed the reply; resurrecting this thread.

Your reply answered the mouse scroll wheel question, but what about the arrow keys? I don't see anything in Windows mouse settings that looks like it controls that. To reiterate, let's say I'm in list view, and click on the third file down from the top. Pressing the Down arrow will cause the whole window to scroll down one item, so that the new selected file is in the same vertical position (third down) as the previous one. It doesn't do that in File Explorer, or even in XYplorer on my laptop; it just scrolls the cursor down to the fourth item down.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Not that I am any sort of expert but to me it sounds like it could possibly be some sort of 3rd Party mouse/keyboard software that might be causing this, here is another thread where I think someone was experiencing a similar issue, at the time I couldn't really understand what he meant because I have never seen this behavior personally.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18182

Have you tried a fresh XY profile or using the ini file from your laptop on your PC?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scorpio3002 wrote:Your reply answered the mouse scroll wheel question, but what about the arrow keys? I don't see anything in Windows mouse settings that looks like it controls that. To reiterate, let's say I'm in list view, and click on the third file down from the top. Pressing the Down arrow will cause the whole window to scroll down one item, so that the new selected file is in the same vertical position (third down) as the previous one. It doesn't do that in File Explorer, or even in XYplorer on my laptop; it just scrolls the cursor down to the fourth item down.
Sounds like you pressed the Scoll Lock key. XY supports this key since v17.20.0103 - 2016-10-05 11:08:

Code: Select all

v17.20.0103 - 2016-10-05 11:08
    + List: Experimentally implemented support for the Scroll Lock key in 
      vertical scrolling. If Scroll Lock is ON then the Up and Down arrow keys 
      scroll the list keeping the current item (the focused and selected item) 
      in the same screen position. If scrolling is not possible (list has 
      reached the top or bottom, or has no scrollbar at all) then the keys 
      behave normal (as if Scroll Lock is OFF).
      Note that the Scroll Lock key is not present on all keyboards.

Scorpio3002

Post by Scorpio3002 »

Ah, that explains it all, then. The Scroll Lock key is what turns on the backlight on my keyboard. Is there by chance any way of turning off this feature, without turning off Scroll Lock (and thus, the backlight)?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not yet, but I will add a way in the next version.

Scorpio3002

Post by Scorpio3002 »

You're the man.

Scorpio3002

Post by Scorpio3002 »

Thanks again; just realized this had been fixed.