WinRAR and Drag'n'Drop behaviour

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MikeMcr

Re: WinRAR and Drag'n'Drop behaviour

Post by MikeMcr »

I think I now see what you mean but it's the other way round. If you drag a normal file FROM XYplorer TO an open WinRAR archive window, it prompts you for a file to add even though you are dragging it! The caption of the Window is "Select files to add" - is that what you see?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, this does not happen here (but I'm using WinRAR 5.01),

MasterBlaster

Post by MasterBlaster »

I am using PeaZip. When I open a zip archive with PeaZip amd drag it to XYplorer, I get a popup asking me to Browse for a folder, select a directory. It defaults to Desktop. If I just say OK, the file goes to my Desktop, not to the file I selected with XYplorer.
It is not creating a zip archive.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PeaZip, never heard of that. They must do something unusal there. Which exact version and bitness of PeaZip are you using?

MasterBlaster

Post by MasterBlaster »

False alarm. Sorry for the confusion.
PeaZip was the problem. The messages and behavior was all them.
I just rebuilt my computer and reinstalled everything. I selected PeaZip based on reviews. I never used it before.
I went back to IZArc and everything works like it should.
Thanks again.

Setherial

Post by Setherial »

Anybody using Bandizip?

Drag 'n' Drop does not seem to be working with Xyplorer e.e

highend

Post by highend »

How about being more specific?

What does not work, dragging a file from XYplorer into Bandizip that has e.g. a .zip file open?
XYplorer version
Bandizip version

XY v18.20.0102 with Bandizip 6.06 and dragging an item from XY into Bandizip with an open
.zip file pops up a dialog, asking me, what I want to do and adding that item works fine...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Setherial

Post by Setherial »

highend wrote:How about being more specific?

What does not work, dragging a file from XYplorer into Bandizip that has e.g. a .zip file open?
XYplorer version
Bandizip version

XY v18.20.0102 with Bandizip 6.06 and dragging an item from XY into Bandizip with an open
.zip file pops up a dialog, asking me, what I want to do and adding that item works fine...
Bandizip 6.08
Xyplorer 18.20.0100

Opening a compressed file with Bandizip ---> dragging folders/files from that opened Bandizip window into a Xyplorer folder ---> most of the times it works, other times the files won't get uncompressed. However if I try dragging again the files get decompressed.

Nevermind, I'm trying to reproduce the issue but now the files get decompressed at every attempt :ugeek:
Probably the last 2 or 3 Bandizip updates fixed it. Additionally, my Windows 10 got updated from ver. 1607 to 1703 last night.

Nuno

Post by Nuno »

I am sorry to revive this "old" thread, but I figured the somewhat minor problem I'm experiencing would not warrant it's own thread.

I'm using WinRAR 5.61 64bit, together with XYplorer 19.20 and Win10 64bit.
The drag'n'drop behaviour I'm getting is this:
1- drag a file onto a zip/rar file: file is correctly packed inside archive (I remember this wasn't working a while back, but it seems fine now... thanks!)
2- drag a file onto a open WinRAR window: file is not directly packed inside archive and, instead, WinRAR asks for files to add.

I guess what happens in (2) is not to be expected. Indeed, I tested the 32bit version of WinRAR and everything works just fine.
Should I just switch to the 32bit version of WinRAR or is there something I can do to circumvent this issue? (I already tried disabling/enabling the "Use standard shell drag and drop" setting, but didn't find any changes...)

highend

Post by highend »

Should I just switch to the 32bit version of WinRAR
Your best option...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Nuno

Post by Nuno »

Not the answer I was hoping for :), but thanks!
I'll try what you suggest, as the potential downsides seem to be minor when compared to the advantages of unrestricted usage of XYplorer in this kind of scenario.

tomuser

Post by tomuser »

Info from WinRAR 5.70 Beta 1 release notes:
Bug fixes:
a) ...
b) dragging files from 32-bit applications to 64-bit WinRAR window did not work;
c) ...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sounds like good news, thanks! :)