Multi-Monitor Windows 10 scaling revisited

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Multi-Monitor Windows 10 scaling revisited

Post by admin »

I could do that, but I have absolutely no time for it these days. Later...

Neurokraft

Post by Neurokraft »

I've got the same issue. More problematically then lacking dynamic scaling, XYplorer insists on staying locked at the wrong scaling, even when its restarted and the other monitor is disconnected. The only workaround is to sign out of Windows and sign back in. Is there any fix in the works? I love using XYplorer and this keeps pushing me back to Explorer until I can find an opportunity to sign back in again. Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Neurokraft wrote:I've got the same issue. More problematically then lacking dynamic scaling, XYplorer insists on staying locked at the wrong scaling, even when its restarted and the other monitor is disconnected. The only workaround is to sign out of Windows and sign back in.
Sounds weird. Scaling info is not stored across sessions but determined freshly on each start up. Don't know what to make of this at the moment. :eh:

Welcome to the club, anyway!

Don

brian428

Post by brian428 »

Just coming back to this after living for months with incorrect scaling on my second monitor. Not sure if something in the Win 10 Creators Update helped with this, but I now find that if I right click on the XYPlorer app (desktop icon) and choose "Properties > Compatibility", check "Override high DPI scaling" and set scaling performed by "System (Enhanced)", then XYPlorer seems to display at the correct scaling for that monitor. At least it's working so far.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool, thanks for the info!

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

brian428 wrote:Not sure if something in the Win 10 Creators Update helped with this, ...
It did, this option was introduced with this Update.